Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Footloose

Have you seen the trailer for Footloose yet?



Everyone’s favorite 80s movie is Dirty Dancing. I like it just fine, but Footloose was and still is my absolute favorite! I had a crush on Ren. I wanted to be Ariel in her red boots. I don't feel good about this remake at all. It is too soon and why mess with a good thing, you know? It looks kinda skanky, but I guess that's what the kids are into these days. (I'm so old). And Ren's accent makes me cringe. Sigh...I will probably still see it. 

If you have never seen the original (gasp) and don’t know the story, it’s about a teenager named Ren (Kevin Bacon) who moves to a small town from Chicago. When he gets there he realizes the city has banned rock music and dancing. He falls in love with Ariel (Lori Singer) who is the preacher’s daughter and an asshole’s girlfriend. Ren tries to convince the city council to allow dancing, using Bible verses as his argument. At first they say no, but eventually have a change of heart. Ariel's abusive boyfriend breaks up with her (that was an intense scene) and the kids have the best prom ever! Also, Sarah Jessica Parker and the late Chris Penn play Ren and Ariel's friends.








Everybody cut footloose!

No comments:

Post a Comment