Thursday, July 21, 2011

Wedding movies

Wedding season is in full swing. I’m sure you all have a few marked in your summer calendar. I thought I’d share my favorite wedding movies. I don’t like typical romantic comedies. In fact, I think most of them are lame and annoying. But they sure made some good ones in the 90s.

I think my all-time favorite is Muriel’s Wedding. If you haven’t seen this, you must. Now. (It's streaming on Netflix). It’s depressing and hilarious at the same time. Toni Collette is absolutely amazing!


I also really love The Wedding Planner. It’s my favorite J.Lo movie! My sister and I still quote lines from it.


Another good one is My Best Friend’s Wedding. In general, Julia Roberts really bugs me, but not too much in this movie. Dermot Mulroney is dreamy and Cameron Diaz is perfection!


The Wedding Singer is always a blast. And who doesn’t love this soundtrack?


The Proposal is my favorite modern day wedding movie. It’s absolutely hilarious and not as cheesy as most wedding/romantic comedies.


What’s your favorite wedding movie?

By the way, I’ve never seen Four Weddings and a Funeral. It's streaming too, so I just added it to my queue.

UPDATE: How could I forget Bridesmaids? I laughed so hard I cried during that movie. That is easily my number one!

No comments:

Post a Comment