Friday, July 15, 2011

Emmy Noms

Emmy nominations were announced yesterday. The 63rd Annual Emmy Awards will air September 18th on Fox with host Jane Lynch. Here’s who I’d like to see win.

DRAMA
Boardwalk Empire, The Good Wife, Dexter, Mad Men, Friday Night Lights, Game of Thrones
 
I keep intending to watch Boardwalk Empire and The Good Wife. I love Dexter, but I love Mad Men more.



ACTRESS IN A DRAMA
Julianna Margulies, Mariska Hargitay, Kathy Bates, Elizabeth Moss, Mireille Enos, Connie Britton

Elizabeth Moss, please. I love that she's not in the supporting actress category this year. She totally deserves this, especially after last season. I didn't think it was possible to like Peggy more.



ACTOR IN A DRAMA
Jon Hamm, Kyle Chandler, Hugh Laurie, Michael C. Hall, Steve Buscemi, Timothy Olyphant

I really love John Hamm and Hugh Laurie, but I think it's got to go to Michael C. Hall. He is amazing.


 
SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A DRAMA
Christine Baranski, Christina Hendricks, Kelly Macdonald, Margo Martindale, Michelle Forbes, Archie Panjabi

My BFF Christina, of course!



SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A DRAMA
John Slattery, Alan Cumming, Andre Braugher, Walton Goggins, Peter Dinklage, Josh Charles

I have to go with John Slattery because I haven't seen any of those other guys. He truly is awesome though.



COMEDY
Glee, Modern Family, 30 Rock, The Office, Parks and Recreation, The Big Bang Theory

I watch all but The Big Bang Theory. 30 Rock has been my favorite show since it started, but I really got into Parks and Recreation this season. I started watching because of Rob Lowe then went back and watched every season. This one was the funniest by far.


 
ACTRESS IN A COMEDY
Tina Fey, Edie Falco, Amy Poehler, Laura Linney, Martha Plimpton, Melissa McCarthy

Tough one. Tina Fey is my favorite funny lady, but I'd like to see Amy Poehler take it. I wouldn't be mad if Melissa McCarthy won either.



ACTOR IN A COMEDY
Alec Baldwin, Steve Carell, Jim Parsons, Johnny Galecki, Matt LeBlanc, Louis C.K.

I'm obsessed with Alec Baldwin, but I think Steve Carell's Michael Scott deserves it for his last season.



SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A COMEDY
Jane Lynch, Kristen Wiig, Jane Krakowski, Julie Bowen, Sofia Vergara, Betty White
 
Kristen Wiig. Kristen’s sketches are ALWAYS hilarious! She's pretty talented. 



SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A COMEDY
Chris Colfer, Jon Cryer, Eric Stonestreet, Ty Burrell, Ed O'Neill, Jesse Tyler Ferguson

All four men from Modern Family?!  The entire cast of that show is so awesome! (Obviously. They've all been nominated). But I have to go with Ty Burrell. I love that dork and in some ways he reminds me of my husband. (He's not that dumb, just nerdy sometimes).



VARIETY, MUSIC, OR COMEDY SERIES
The Colbert Report, The Daily Show With Jon Stewart, Real Time With Bill Maher, Saturday Night Live, The Tonight Show With Conan O’Brien, Late Night With Jimmy Fallon

Gotta go with SNL. Although it's not hilarious every time, I've been watching it religiously since 9th grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment