Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A wee bit of me

I’m linking up with Leigh Ashley today for We Bit Wednesdays.


{one} what is your dream job?
Hmmm… Hypothetically (if I had talent), a Broadway actress. Realistically, I’d love to work at a non-profit for water or become a professional organizer. I really just want to do something where I work part time so I could be home with my family but still felt fulfilled and made some good money on top of it.

{two} how many best friends do you have?
Three. My BFF, my sister and my oldest childhood friend (we’ve been friends for 24 years!)

{three} what’s the longest road trip you’ve ever taken?
When I was 12, we moved from Washington to Florida to be closer to my dad’s side of the family. We packed up the U-Haul and drove across the country. It took two weeks and we made it a fun, family vacation seeing a ton of America. Since we didn’t like Florida, we moved back to Washington six months later and did it again, but a different route. I hated moving (junior high is a terrible time to leave your friends) but really loved the whole experience of traveling and spending a ton of time with my family in Florida.

{four} if you had to do one single thing every day for the next year, what would it be?
Take a power nap. Or at least get in bed every afternoon to rest or read. Nolan hasn’t napped for months. I miss it.

{five} what’s one story your family always tells about you?
There isn’t one story in particular. They just still recall how I got my nickname, “Meryl.” As in, Meryl Streep. I was overly dramatic as a kid and when I went on a rant or had a breakdown, my dad would say “aaaalllright, Meryl.” Luckily, I grew out of that phase. On the flip side, my dad also always told me I should be a lawyer because I could negotiate and manipulate my way out of everything and usually got my way. See, there was a method to my madness.

{six} how did your parents pick your name?
My mom always named her dolls “Christina” when she was playing as a kid. She said she never knew anyone with that name and really liked it. My middle name is Denise, her first name. Now that’s just lazy.

{seven} what’s the one thing that scares you more than anything?
Something happening to my kids or husband. Or something happening to me and I can’t be around to watch my kids grow up. Those thoughts just kill me.

{eight} are you a good cook?
Not at all. I make the same twenty or so meals and they taste just fine. I try at least one new recipe a month, but I really hate cooking. It’s a waste of time to slave away in the kitchen when they scarf it down in ten minutes or less.

{nine} where do you see yourself in 20 years?
Happy, still in love with my husband, with successful kids away at college and traveling, traveling, traveling.

{ten} what’s your best childhood memory?
That trip to Florida and back for sure. Our yearly trips to the ocean in October. Spending summers at our property at the lake. Playing in the neighborhood with our friends all day long. Just being carefree and having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment