Monday, July 11, 2011

Man Candy Monday - NKOTBSB

I'm linking up with Join The Gossip for Man Candy Monday. Since they've been on my mind since Friday night, let's talk about The Backstreet Boys and the New Kids on the Block, shall we?



I went to the concert for NKOTB. I didn’t get to see them as a kid so when they reunited and started touring in 2008, I jumped right on the bandwagon. I've seen them every time they come to my area. I haven’t listened to BSB in years, but they were the reason I started listening to pop music. All through junior high and high school I was an alternative music kind of girl. This is Seattle after all. But in college I worked in an after school program and Britney, BSB and NSYNC were all the kids were listening to. They sang their songs during talent shows and made up routines on the playground (I actually taught them the dance to Oops…I Did It Again). It’s catchy stuff, it was hard not to like it. I eventually started buying cds for myself and when I transferred schools and had to quit working there, I continued to listen. So thanks kids…you are the ones who jump-started my Britney obsession. I knew BSB would be fun at the concert, but they blew my mind and kinda did better than NKOTB. Go here for my lengthy concert review.

After talking all about it to my sister on Sunday morning, she got kind of excited and was bummed she missed such a good show. I knew they were in Vancouver, Canada all weekend, so we decided around noon to just go up there and see them! It's a three and a half hour drive each way and I only got three hours of sleep last night before Nolan woke me up at 6:30 this morning, but it was totally worth it! The show was awesome once again! One thing is for sure, the Canadians really came out for The Backstreet Boys.

The guys were all lookin' good. They seem to just get better with age. Or maybe it’s because they don’t have stupid 80s and 90s haircuts and clothes. No, it’s because they are hotter. Let’s take a look at the guys then and now:








Yep, Jordan was and still is my favorite! He's so cute, sings all the best songs and has the best moves.



The Backstreet Boys were never really my cup of tea. I think I was too old to crush on a heartthrob in college. (Apparently I'm not too old now). I did prefer Nick to the rest of them though.







As I mentioned in my review, Nick was my favorite of the night. He was on fiyah. So smokin' hot.



Don't believe me from the pictures? I found this on YouTube from their show in Pittsburgh. The whole things is cute and funny, but watch at 1:20 for the goods. I. Would. Die. And yeah, I’m pretty sure those were panties at 1:47.


Ahhhh...I ♥ Nick Carter.

So which one was your favorite? Is he still doing it for ya?

No comments:

Post a Comment