Monday, June 6, 2011

Music Monday - Brutal Hearts and MTV Movie Awards

I watched the movie The Romantics the other day.


This song played during the movie and I fell in love with it that second. It’s so mellow and a little heartbreaking. Take a listen.


Bedouin Soundclash - Brutal Hearts

Are you the brutal heart
Are you the brutal heart that I’ve been looking for
Cause if you’re looking for love, you can look for that door
I don’t mind at all
I don’t mind that you only call me when you want
I’m just glad you want me at all
Use me
 

The movie was pretty good, but depressing. The cast was amazing: Josh Duhamel, Adam Brody, Elijah Wood, Katie Holmes, Anna Paquin, Dianna Agron, and my newest girl crush, Malin Akerman. She is so beautiful, but also smart, charming and hilarious! My kind of girl.


    

- - - - -

Here are my quick thoughts on The Twilight Show MTV Movie Awards. I have loved Jason Sudeikis for a long time. He’s so cute and hilarious, but maybe to “mature” for this audience. Actually, I thought the whole show was a bit mature for MTV’s target audience. No wonder there are so many pregnant 16 year olds. Ok, I got my mom complaining out of the way. I love Taylor Lautner. He’s so normal and pretty funny. Kristen is so incredibly awkward; it’s really hard for me to watch her. I actually feel sorry for her. You know when you say something stupid and think about it later in the day and get embarrassed all over again? I’m sure that is her entire life. She could help it by running a brush through her hair. There’s no reason to act AND look awkward. Mila Kunis is so cute and I think she and JT would make a good couple. I really want JT to stop acting and make some damn music already. Super 8 looks good. Teen Wolf looks stupid. Bieber is so frickin’ arrogant, but I have to admit, he’s looking kinda cute these days. Both musical numbers were boring. I never realized how small Patrick Dempsey was. I loved the three second cameo by Andrew Garfield. He’s so dreamy. I love Ryan Reynolds. I do not love Blake Lively. At all. Kristen and Robert’s best kiss acceptance speech couldn’t have been anymore weird, but I didn’t mind the kiss between Rob and Taylor. Emma Stone is so adorable and I love that she’s back to her “original fake hair color.” Emma Watson is so adorable as well. I’m loving the Emmas. I’m so freaking excited for Harry Potter! I already got a babysitter lined up for opening weekend. The tribute to Reese was awful and I love that Chelsea just kept laughing and repeating how bad it was going. It made me really want to watch Cruel Intentions, Elections and Fear again. Reese’s message was so perfect! The little girl winning the best line award was unnecessary. I kinda want to see Monte Carlo. I like Leighton Meester. I really want to see Horrible Bosses. It’s got a great cast. I love that Jason said “I might be a dad soon.” Do we know who January Jones baby daddy is yet? Hilarious. I can’t wait to see Breaking Dawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment