Thursday, June 2, 2011

Getting Ready

Some mornings I get up at 5:30 to take a shower and get ready for the day in peace. But when I’m too tired or don’t have anywhere to go first thing in the morning, I sleep in until 6:30 (I know) and get ready later in the day with my two boys. This means we all pile in my bathroom and turn on some music while I do my hair and makeup. 

Milo is easy. He hangs out in his little vibrating chair, getting a nice massage while staring at himself in the mirror. Rough life.



Nolan is energetic and the bathroom is boring so he gets into stuff. But he usually wants to do whatever I’m doing, so I give him an old (clean) blush brush and a compact mirror and let him put on his makeup.



Milo eventually falls asleep to the soothing sound of Britney Spears.



Nolan always grabs the same pair of shoes and dances.



(Yeah, I know his clothes are too small. We were going to play at the muddy park.)

He also does manly things like lifting weights.


Although this takes me about three times as long to get ready, it’s the only way and we make it fun. And then we’re finally ready to hit Target, followed by a trip to the park. Eventful day!


P.S. Please don't mind the dirty bathroom.
P.P.S. Nolan is going to kill me when he's older and sees these pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment