Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My Thoughts On The Tonys

I loved the opening number. So true. Check it out.



Daniel Radcliffe really impressed me with his dancing and American accent. I love John Leguizamo, but really, who doesn’t?

I saw Catch Me If You Can premier in Seattle before it made it to Broadway and really liked it. It was the same cast, too. Norbert Leo Butz (who won for this role) and Aaron Tveit (from Gossip Girl, a few other Broadway musicals and NPH’s production of RENT last summer) played the main characters.

I really, really need to see The Book of Mormon! It cleaned up with nine awards including Best Book, Best Score and Best Musical! Nikki M. James was adorable and so heartfelt when she won for Best Actress in a Musical. We’re contemplating a trip to NYC later this year, just to see it. My husband's family is Mormon (we aren’t) so we totally get the jokes and it’s very hilarious. By the way, I’ve kind of always had a crush on Trey Parker and BASEketball is one of my favorite movies. That should probably be an embarrassing admission, but it’s true! Check out “I Believe.”



The Hugh and Neil song was awesome.



Spiderman looks so boring. Robin Williams annoys the shit out of me. He always has. Sister Act looks cute. I loved that movie was a kid. I want to see Memphis. I missed it when it came through Seattle a few years ago. I don’t know anything about Anything Goes, but it looks good just for the dancing.

I need to see Company! It has NPH, my girlfriend Christina Hendricks and Steven Colbert? Awesome. It's playing in movie theaters this week! I’m begging a friend to go with me tomorrow night.



NPH rapped at the end. Pretty cute.



P.S. I don't do plays, only musicals. Plays make me uncomfortable, especially if they aren’t comedies.

No comments:

Post a Comment