Tuesday, June 7, 2011

You Can’t Do That On Television

When we were kids, my siblings and I loved to watch the show You Can’t Do That on Television.


It was a Canadian sketch comedy show for kids. I remember watching it and wondering why they talked so funny. Each episode had a theme, so all of the skits and songs had to do with the theme. Some of the topics were movies, parties, relatives, drugs, medicine, dating, divorce, enemies, space, unemployment, science, jealousy, marketing, know-it-alls, courage, hobbies, popularity and city life. Pretty deep stuff. Here’s an example of the episode about smells.


This was also the show that launched green slime. When anyone said “I don’t know” they got a bucket of green slime dumped on their head. Christine was the host and also my favorite cast member. I’m pretty sure I wanted to be her.


Another favorite part of the show were the locker jokes.


Did you know Alanis Morisette was on this show?


So, did you watch it? Does anyone even have any idea what I'm talking about?

No comments:

Post a Comment