Thursday, June 23, 2011

June 11

My sister is a married woman! We had so much fun during her three day extravaganza. We all got mani/pedis, set up the reception hall, rehearsed and had dinner on Friday. Saturday, the girls all met for our hair appointments, and then we checked into a hotel to get dressed and ready. We had pictures, the ceremony and then the reception. And Sunday, we got together for brunch. It was a lot of fun.

The reception had a few hiccups. The cake was ugly and falling apart. The DJ was muffled because he decided to hide himself (and the speakers) behind a curtain. And right after dinner, the kegs ran out. The beer situation was quickly remedied and the rest we just had to shrug off. As MOH, I was the one running around, putting out fires, but it was still the most fun I’ve had at a wedding reception, including my own. Here is my sister and I in the hotel room, the bride and groom, and the bride and our dad.



The reception went until 1:00 am and I danced my ass off! I had so much fun with my extended family and I’m so happy that my cousin is next to get married in January because we’ll get to have a blast all over again. Also, my toast went very well. It was heartfelt and funny, short and sweet. I was able to toss in some digs at the groom because he went to a rival college and is still very, very passionate about his team.

Another one of my favorite ladies got married that same day!


Lily Allen and Sam Cooper tied the knot at James the Great Church in Gloucestershire, England in front of only 100 friends and family members. Her lace empire gown was designed by French designer Delphine Manivet. I’m loving her 1920s full length veil and her bouquet.





Her new husband also announced to guests that Lily is pregnant! She suffered two miscarriages in the past and has always made it very clear that she wants to be a mother. Here’s to a healthy pregnancy and happy marriage! I just love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment