Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A wee bit of me

I’m linking up with Leigh Ashley today for We Bit Wednesdays.



{one} how many times have you been a bridesmaid/maid of honor?
I was a bridesmaid for a college friend about ten years ago. My little sister is getting married on Saturday and I’m the Matron of Honor! I’m so excited and I still need to work on that speech.

{two} what’s the last thing you do before you fall asleep at night?
I used to read, but since our baby is still in our bedroom, so I do a quick check of Facebook and email on my phone before closing my eyes.

{three} you just won your dream vacation, all expenses paid. where are you going?
A world cruise!

{four} what is your favorite outdoor activity?
Sitting around the fire and roasting marshmallows. I’m not a big outdoors person. I do like to swim and take walks through parks though.

{five} as a child, what did you want to “be when you grew up”? did you end up there?
I went back and forth between teacher and lawyer all my life, including in college. I was an elementary education major for the first three years and even taught Kindergarten. But I switched to political science my last year. I had to do two extra quarters because of it. After getting a paralegal certificate and working in a law firm, I decided that I never want to be an attorney. My focus in life is my family. I work to live, not live to work. As a paralegal, I get the best of both worlds: working with attorneys (and doing a lot of the work) and clocking out at 5:00 pm every day without taking anything home with me.

{six} what are 3 things your dream home would have that you don’t currently have?
A bigger garage (our two car garage only holds one car), a sprinkler system and a fireplace.

{seven} what’s for dinner tonight?
Nachos!

{eight} if someone stopped by your house unannounced on a typical Saturday night, what would they find you doing?
If it was early in the night, Jacob and I would be on the floor, playing with our kids. If it was after their bedtime, we would either be watching a movie together or I’d be watching TV in the family room while Jacob plays video games in his office.

{nine} what’s your average monthly water bill?
We pay a fixed $112 every other month.

{ten} what do you do to relax?
Watch TV or read.

No comments:

Post a Comment