Wednesday, June 1, 2011

MOH help!

My sister is getting married next weekend. This is my first time as a Maid, uh, Matron of Honor. I was a bridesmaid once before, but I didn’t have any of the typical duties because I didn’t live near the bride. So, I’m struggling to figure out a few things and need some advice.


I’ve got the “Wedding Day Emergency Kit” stocked with a lint brush, toothbrush, floss, breath mints, double sided tape, bobby pins, band aids, comb, mirror, clear nail polish, nail file, nail clippers, hairspray, sewing kit, safety pins, hem tape, wipes, tissue, tampon, chap stick, clear deodorant, blotting papers, static cling spray, stain remover pen, chalk, Tylenol, Imodium, Tums, granola bar, trail mix, bottle of water, straws, crazy glue, shoe polish, Q tips, lotion, pen and paper and an umbrella.


Am I missing anything? My wedding was in Vegas. We literally walked out of our hotel room dressed and ready to go, took the elevator down to the chapel and did the damn thing. For my sister’s wedding, we’re getting ready in a hotel room and driving to the church, so I want to make sure I have everything, just in case. Was there anything you needed when you got married that I don’t already have listed?


Next, the reception isn’t at the church. We have to drive to a second location. Do we decorate the getaway car for their exit after the church or for their exit after the reception? I have a feeling the bride and groom are going to be hanging out until the very end since they aren’t departing for their honeymoon until two days later. Plus, my sister is fun and loves a good party, so we’ll be dancing into the wee hours of the night. I’m thinking it would be best if they could drive from the church and arrive at the reception hall in a decorated car, but when/who decorates it during the wedding?


The thing I’m most nervous about is the toast. The groom comes from a pretty conservative family and there will also be a lot of out of town guests that I (or the bride) have never met. So I have to be cautious about being too sarcastic (which is just my nature). I need to be pleasant, but not corny. That’s not my thing. Help!


Finally, I want to put something in their hotel room. I’m thinking rose petals, champagne and chocolate covered strawberries, plus a nice cheese and cracker tray. I remember being starving after my reception because I didn’t eat much. Should I also do a pizza gift card so they can order in?


Ten days to go and I’m stressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment