Monday, May 9, 2011

Music Monday - Look At Me Now

Karmin is a musical duo from Boston made up of Amy Heidemann and Nick Noonan. They are AWESOME. Amy has an absolutely amazing voice. And Nick isn’t so bad either. On their YouTube channel they cover a ton of pop songs by Katy Perry, Britney, Pink, Gaga, KeSha, etc. But what really, really impressed me is their rap skills. My absolute favorite is this one.

 Karmin - Look At Me Now

What’s poppin’ Slime? Nothin five and if they trippin forget em five
I aint got no time to shuck and jive, these jiggas as sweet as pumpkin pie
Ciroc and sprite on a private flight
Yo I been tight since guiding light, and my pockets white and my diamonds white
And my momma's nice and my daddy's gone
Ya'll peeps be scared cause I'm too wild, been here for a while
I was like no trial I puts it down
I'm so young money if you got eyes look at me now, oh


Did she just blow your mind? I love it. Since I saw it last week, I’ve probably watched it twenty times. It's so much better than the original by Chris Brown featuring Lil Wayne and Busta Rhymes.


If you watch more of their videos, try to only pay attention to their vocals and not their video making. The videos are really awful and embarrassing. They also have original music that you can see here.

No comments:

Post a Comment