Friday, May 27, 2011

Fashion Of The ‘90s

I’m linking up with Blonde Episodes for Fashion Friday!



I thought I’d do something totally different for this week’s post. I’m taking a trip down memory lane and featuring some of the best styles from the ‘90s.

Jean overalls
I never owned a pair, but really wanted them.
Most of my friends wore one side unhooked.



Salt water sandals
I had a pair of tans ones and didn’t take them off for an entire summer.
They start to smell after a while.



Baby tees
I didn’t actually have this one, but doesn’t it just define the ‘90s?



Vans
I had a few pairs of vans throughout high school.



Looney Tunes tees
I did have one of these in middle school. How embarrassing.



Jelly shoes
These were my 8th grade spring/summer footwear.
I had about ten pairs.



Boxers as shorts
We’d stock up on colorful prints at The Gap,
sew up the fly and wear them with a sweatshirt.



Keds
I always had to have white. They were dirty within the first week and therefore, ruined.
My mom hated buying these for me.



Men’s surf tees
I shopped at Above the Belt (now known as Zumiez) for Stüssy, Billabong and Quicksilver tees.
They were guy shirts and way too big, but looked great with my baggy Levi's.



Women’s surf tees
Then I realized I am a girl and started buying Roxy and Hurley women’s shirts in my actual size.




Adidas wind pants
This was a late ‘90s thing around these parts.
I wore these pants to early morning classes in college. Awful!



Dr. Martens
I loved my Docs. These are probably my favorite '90s fashion trend
because they are just so awful and so expensive but we all HAD TO HAVE THEM.
 I had these exact pairs of shoes and sandals.





Flare jeans
As the super baggy jeans fad was winding down, flare jeans took off.
No matter how many times I explained that they weren’t the same,
 my mom called them “bell bottoms” and couldn’t believe I wanted to wear them.



Platform shoes
I didn’t own a pair because I’m six feet tall and my boyfriend was about an inch shorter than me.
But my sister did and sometimes let me borrow them.
She had a pale pink pair and white sneakers similar to these:



Vests
We wore Gap sweater vests over a white t-shirt
and Old Navy Performance Fleece vests over a long sleeved colored t-shirt.



Floral print rayon dresses
I always paired mine with white tube socks and my Docs. Gorgeous.



Penny loafers
My best friend and I put dimes in them. To be classier.



Gap T-Shirts
I think I had five of these in different colors. Sweatshirts too.


So what about you? Did you wear some of these styles? Did I miss something you loved to wear? Come on guys, let’s reminisce and be embarrassed together!

No comments:

Post a Comment