Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Random

I have a lot of random things going on in my mind right now. I thought I’d share.

I write the number 8 backwards. No one ever corrected me. My grandma noticed when I was about ten years old. And she kindly reminded me last week that I still do it. Oh well.


Lemon Pez is my favorite smell. Well, maybe Christmas trees are, but lemon Pez takes a very close second. I love the taste, too. Pez is one of my favorite candies and lemon is the best of the flavors.


I hate grammatical errors. I know we’re all human and make mistakes, but we have computers to help us now. Spell check people! My biggest pet peeve is how people are overusing and abusing apostrophes. Here’s what I saw on Facebook yesterday: cd’s, dvd’s, Seahawk’s, pizza’s, microbrew’s, the 80's and up’s and down’s. It seems like the difference between it’s and its is the hardest thing for people to understand. And don’t get me started on their/there/they’re, too/to/two and your/you’re. Some of my friends making these errors are college graduates. One even has a degree in English! How did they even graduate from middle school? Look, even CNN can’t get it right!


Let me just say something before I’m called a hypocrite. I’m the first to admit that I don’t use the proper writing style on this blog. I don't use quotation marks or italics when naming a book or movie and I don't always make complete sentences. I probably should, but I write how I talk and this is a casual place. On that note, if you ever see a spelling or grammar error here, please, please, please let me know. I’ve read some of my old posts and noticed a few and felt so stupid.

Ashton Kutcher is replacing Charlie Sheen on Two And A Half Men. Really? Did Charlie just get punked? I don’t like the show at all, and I don't really even like Ashton that much, but now I’m kind of curious how they are going to pull it off. I’m glad the cast and crew will have work again, but shouldn't the show just go away? By the way, I’m so sick of “Winning” and especially, “Duh. Winning.”


I’m finally on the Adele bandwagon. I honestly don’t know what took me so long. I loved Chasing Pavements and Rolling in the Deep, but never listened to anything else. I guess I thought all of her songs would be slow and depressing. I recently bought both albums and I love them (maybe 19 more than 21). She has one amazing voice! I’ve seen her do a few interviews and she’s so funny and sweet. I’m a fan.


I hate sharing food with people. On occasion, I’ll take a corner bite of a dessert we’re all sharing, but I don’t like it. And I absolutely cannot share dairy products. No yogurt, whipped cream, milk, sour cream, cream cheese, ice cream or milk shakes. Not even with my husband or kids. It gives me the creeps and I just gagged while thinking about it. This picture is supposed to be sexy and seductive, but it gives me a stomach ache.


My Mother’s Day sucked. We were all sick. My two year old wouldn’t have anything to do with my husband and clung to me all day. As much as I wanted to just lie around and read or watch a movie, I had chores to do because I put them off all week. I didn’t get a gift. Not even a card or flowers. Jacob usually looks at my Amazon and Etsy wishlists and gets me exactly what I want, but we had a rough week and our sick kids were on our minds. He did make a delicious breakfast that morning and he's taking me to dinner at The Melting Pot tonight. He even called the babysitter (my sister) on his own! We also have a musical to see on Sunday. Two dates in one week when we haven't had any (besides a movie) since Milo was born? I’ll take it!



I got my ticket to see Britney. Ticket prices went from $60 to $999. Insane. I paid $168 for one ticket. I’ll be sitting 18 rows up from the stage. Not too great, but not too bad. This is the most I’ve ever spent on a concert and I don’t plan on doing it again. Only for my dear Britney.


Nolan is potty trained! On May 1, we put him in some Thomas and Friends underwear and never looked back. He had two accidents each day for the first three days, but he’s been accident free for 14 days now. He even woke up in a dry Pull Up the last two mornings. It’s so nice to only have to change one kid! I still have to accompany him to the bathroom because we’re having some aim issues, but that's ok with me. I’m so happy he caught on so quickly. I think a lot of parents are in a hurry to potty train before their kids are ready. We waited (he's 2 years, 8 months) and it was a breeze!

No comments:

Post a Comment