Thursday, April 7, 2011

Perfect Couples



Perfect Couples is a romantic comedy type sitcom on NBC that started airing late January. I saw a few promo commercials and trailers and thought it looked stupid. Then my sister and a few of my friends urged me to watch it. They all said it was funny. One boring day, I watched four episodes in a row On Demand. Since then, I’ve been hooked. The commercials didn’t do the show justice. It really is funny and quickly became a favorite of mine.

Last week it was announced that the show is ending tonight, on its 10th episode and will be replaced by The Paul Reiser Show. Paul Reiser? Who has cared about him since Mad About You?

Perfect Couples wasn’t getting many viewers, so it makes sense to replace it, but I blame NBC for the bad numbers. New programming has been so erratic on that channel! They have a week of new episodes and then two weeks off. Or on a Thursday night, it’ll be new episodes of Perfect Couples and Park and Recreation but repeats of 30 Rock and The Office. That’s not going to get anyone to tune in!

NBC hasn’t yet said if they are going to bring the show back next season or not. I’m so bummed. It really was funny and I don’t usually like new sitcoms. So give it a try tonight. Maybe the ratings will go up and NBC won’t cancel it. You can also catch some episodes here.

4/8 UPDATE: That was not a very good episode. In fact, it was probably the worst one. Boo!

No comments:

Post a Comment