Friday, April 29, 2011

TOMS Shoes

Today, I’m linking up with Blonde Episodes for Fashion Friday!


I heard about TOMS Shoes about four years ago from Oprah. It’s a charity created by Blake Mycoskie that matches every pair of shoes purchased with a pair of shoes given to a child in need. As of September 2010, TOMS has given over a million pairs of new shoes to children in 23 countries, including the United States.



Children in developing countries are often barefoot while playing, doing chores or walking for miles to school. They are at risk of injury, infection, and soil-transmitted diseases that most can’t afford to prevent and treat. TOMS specially designs shoes for the environment and terrain of the children they donate to. They want to keep these kids healthy because healthy kids are better students, and educated children have a better chance of improving the future of their village or community.


They aren’t the cutest shoes ever, but I’ve been thinking about buying a pair for a few months. Since summer is around the corner (and I hate wearing socks in the summer), I feel like I’m finally ready to buy them. Here are the styles I’m looking at:

Ash Canvas Women's Classics


Pale Pink Women's Cordones


Black Women's Glitters


Yellow Portsmouth Women's Cordones


Red Canvas Women's Classics


Earthwise Slate Women's Classics


I’m also thinking about getting some for my boys. The kids line is really, really cute!



Check out all of the celebrities that have jumped on the TOMS bandwagon.




I’ve heard that they are really comfortable, but I don’t know anyone who has them. Do you have a pair? Have you heard anything about them? Which ones do you like?

No comments:

Post a Comment