Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Me and My Boys

It seems that a lot of people have opinions about my reproduction. I had a baby boy two months ago. Milo was eagerly and lovingly welcomed by his mom, dad and older brother, Nolan. Before I had even recovered from childbirth, people couldn’t stop asking me when we are going to have another baby. I told person after person that we are done expanding our family, but always got the same response, “What about a girl?” And I countered the same way each time, “What about them?”

Don’t get me wrong, I think little girls are great. It would have been picture perfect to have one of each sex and we would have been happy with a healthy baby no matter what the gender. But secretly, I preferred to have another boy. Since we’re only having two kids, I thought it would be nice to have a pair of brothers. I have a brother and a sister and as much as I love my brother, we just aren’t as close. My brother is awesome, hilarious and so much fun to be around and I think we are closer than most brother and sister combos, but my sister is my best friend. I liked the idea of Nolan having a buddy for life. Plus, little boys are so sweet with their mommy.

People still constantly ask me about our fictional future daughter and I reply the same way: we are done having kids and are very happy with our family. Plus, there is no way in hell I would chance having a third boy. I love my crazy, energetic sons, but I don’t have a death wish.








And look at this. Three of my favorite women have two boys!

Britney Spears


Gwen Stefani


Amy Poehler

No comments:

Post a Comment