Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Midseason

January is almost as exciting as September for me because my some of my favorite shows return and new ones debut. Here’s what I’ll be watching.

Jersey Shore - January 6

I can’t get enough of this trash! I love it. I even quote it. How pathetic! I’m excited that the cast will be back in their element. I can’t wait to see the disaster that is Deena replacing Angelina. I love everything about Pauly D and JWoww. But I really am over anything having to do with Ronnie or Sammi. They drive me crazy. From the looks of this trailer, they drive everyone else crazy too and get a few punches to the face.



Big Love - January 16

This is the last season of this weird, yet addicting show. I love the entire cast! Well, I usually hate Nicki, but she’s a lot of fun to hate. Last season was really, really strange, so I’m sure this one is going to be even more odd. But I gotta finish it out and see what happens to the Henrickson family. The trailer doesn’t give any information, but it’s really pretty to watch.



Skins (US) - January 17

I love the UK version of Skins so much. In my opinion it’s the best show on television right now. Of course America has to come along and ruin it. I’m pretty sure I’m going to hate it, so I think I’ll just tune in to criticize it. The worst thing is, this trailer shows a summary of the first episode, which is identical to the first episode of the UK series, almost word for word. What’s the point?


 

Skins (UK) - January 27

Luckily, series five is airing in the UK. While I'm apprehensive about the new characters (they get a new cast every two seasons), I can't wait for it to begin. I know I’ll love it and it'll set off the awfulness that is Skins US. Too bad I have to watch it illegally.



Who Do You Think You Are? - February 4

I really loved this genealogy show that aired last spring. I like biographies, celebrities and I like history, so it’s all really interesting to me and made me cry just about every episode. This season will feature Gwyneth Paltrow, Tim McGraw, Rosie O'Donnell, Steve Buscemi, Kim Cattrall, Lionel Richie, Vanessa Williams and Ashley Judd looking at their family histories. That’s a pretty good guest list! If you missed any of the first season, you can watch all seven episodes online right here.



Mr. Sunshine - February 9

I’m not entirely sold on the concept or plot. He’s manager of a sports arena who is going through a mid-life crisis and hates his boss. But I love Matthew Perry and I love Allison Janey! I’ll watch anything either of them are in.



The Real Housewives of New York City - February

These shows are awful, but I only watch New Jersey and NYC. I know that’s bad enough as it is, but I can’t stop. I’m excited to see the new season with some new cast members. And I’m glad that Bethenny is gone. I couldn’t stand her. Team Jill all the way! The trailer is only on tv, but I was able to find it right here if you want to see it for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment