Monday, January 10, 2011

Carmela Ramos Family in San Jorge, mostacilla group

from Lianne Gonsalves
to "Catherine S. Todd"
cc Aurelio Castano
date Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 7:35 PM
subject Re: Lianne Gonsalves, author of "Behind the Beads: Mostacilla and Its Impact..."

Wow, this looks amazing! I just sent off an e-mail to the two oldest siblings of the family I worked with (they're the ones on Facebook) and I might shoot off an e-mail to Dr. Wallace as well to see if he's still directly in contact with the family itself. Please feel free to post my paper wherever - anything to raise awareness!

I hope I can get you in contact with the Ramos family in San Jorge (who I stayed with) - when I was there, the mother Carmela, was not only in charge of a mostacilla group, she also appeared to be fairly well respected in the community and helped out at the local clinic.

I'd love the extra work in Guatemala but alas I'm headed back to school when return to the United States - I'm getting a Master's in Public Health at Johns Hopkins. I'm currently working as a Fulbright English Teaching Assistant in Caracas and there are a few other ETAs scattered around the country who I'd be happy to recommend to you - they've all got a command of Spanish and a couple of them are definitely interested in development work...

- Show quoted text -

No comments:

Post a Comment