Friday, December 10, 2010

Decking The Halls

We have tons of Christmas decorations, but nothing really seemed to fit well in our new house. The first problem is that we don’t have a mantel. The second problem is that we have a two year old who has to touch every single thing he sees. This means most of my decorations have to stay in the garage for a few Christmases. So I don’t have much going on this season. We had a fake wreath that was ruined in the move, so I decided to get a real one this year. I love the smell!


These stained glass tea light holders were my grandma’s. She brought them out every year and they were my favorite of her decorations. When she passed away, my mom gave them to me. I’m sure my grandma just bought them at some random drug store in the 70s, but I love them.


Of course you have to have a little Jesus at Christmas time!


We set up our Christmas tree in the family room. I've always loved white lights, but colored lights is the one thing Jacob won't compromise on. We might have to alternate years with white and colored lights, but this year we bought some LED lights to help save energy and I've got to say, they are pretty bright.



He's totally rockin' around the Christmas tree!

I love this ornament I bought for one dollar at Target this year. It’s made of sheet music to the song “Noel.” Adorable.


This is a picture of me at six months old in a beaded ornament my grandma made for my mom. I love it.


Jacob and I bought these “A Christmas Story” ornaments a few years ago. Classic!


When Nolan was born we decided to start a new tradition and get a Hallmark ornament every Christmas for each of our kids.
When Nolan was three months old, we chose this “Where The Wild Things Are” ornament for him.


Last year, at age one, he picked out this old fire truck by himself.


And this year he chose Curious George, one of his new favorite characters.


We got a little tree for the play room that Nolan can touch and play with. It has felt and tin ornaments, so he can't break anything.
We also put up a train wall decal and some gel clings that he can remove and play with all season long.




So our halls aren’t totally decked, but we’ve definitely got some Christmas going on around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment