Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas in Seattle

On Saturday, my husband and I had day date in Seattle. I know it’s not NYC or even LA (Have you seen their tree? I kinda like it!), but Seattle gets festive and pretty this time of year, too.






First we went to Harry Potter: The Exhibition. I liked it. It took about 45 minutes to go through and it contained costumes and props from the movies. It was really cool to see all the detail up close and personal, because you can’t really tell how intricate it all is from the movies. My favorite thing was seeing the cast’s wardrobe from the first few movies when they were wee little tykes. I’m a Potter fan, but not a fanatic, so the $30 per person admission was a little steep for me. And the prices in the gift shop were out of control, but some of the merchandise was so cool. But I’m really glad we went and it made us want to go to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter that much more! I’m not sure where the exhibit is headed next, but it leaves Seattle at the end of January and I do suggest it to anyone who’s a true Potter fan. Unfortunately there was no photography allowed, but I did snap this of my husband on our way in. He was excited.


Then we wandered around Seattle Center’s little holiday festival, Winterfest, where my husband decided he just had to ice skate with hundreds of people on a tiny little ice rink. I couldn’t of course, because I’m pregnant, but I had a lot of fun watching him. It was only his second time ice skating in his life and he picked it up pretty quickly. I was impressed.


(Ugh. I can't even button the bottom of my coat anymore. I'm SO pregnant!)




Next we had an early dinner my favorite restaurant, The Melting Pot. I seriously love this place. We usually only go once a year because it’s a bit pricey for one meal, but this year we ended up going three times! My birthday is in January, and I think I’ll try and convince Jacob to take me one more time.


Then we drove up to Everett to watch our favorite hockey team, The Silvertips, beat Tri-City four to two. It was such a good game. The Tips scored within the first thirty seconds and again in the last thirty seconds of the game! There was a lot of hostility and a ton of fights, which always makes for a fun night. Hockey is definitely our favorite sport.




What a good date!

No comments:

Post a Comment