Tuesday, December 21, 2010

ABC: Winter woolly slippers. hand warmer




http://abcwednesdayround3.blogspot.com/

This is a pair of knitted winter woolly slippers which keep your feet warm. Many New Zealand women knit them whilst watching television. No, I did not knit them, I spent most of my time on the computer.

When chatting with Rune http://visualnorway.blogspot.com/2010/12/w-is-for-warm-hands.html, he had hands cupped round some heat, it reminded me of a handwarmer I had more than thirty five years ago.

When I went to Canada, my mum and dade bought winter things in Singapore. One of the things we bought was a hand warmer. It looked like a cigarette lighter and was silver in colour, and it was supposed to heat up and warm your hands.

Alas, I couldn't buy the fuel in Canada so I never used it. My Canadian and American friends didn't use one.

I didn't need one in New Zealand. At home, I use a wheat heat bag.

In Norway, do you have a heater like that? What about those of you living else where?

100 years ago in China, my grand parents used charcoal cinders and put them in little cans.

I googled search it and found it is a Sanyo Japanese product.

No comments:

Post a Comment