Friday, December 24, 2010

Home Alone Soundtrack

Home Alone is one of my all time favorite movies. I mean, come on, it’s a John Hughes film! I don’t just watch it at Christmas time, but that’s when I like it the best. It just reminds me so much of my childhood and spending winter break at home with my brother and sister. We still quote this movie constantly in regular conversations. When any of us go away on a trip, we always call and wish them well and say, “Bring me back something French!” I recently did this when my brother left on a work trip to Japan. I know, we’re dorks. I have the Home Alone Christmas CD and I love every single song, but these are my favorites.

John Williams - Somewhere In My Memory

Somewhere in my memory
Christmas joys all around me
Living in my memory
All of the music, all of the magic, all of the family
Here with me



Mel Tormé - Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

Through the years
We all will be together,
If the fates allow
Hang a shining star upon the highest bough.
And have yourself A merry little Christmas now
 


Fox Albert Choir - My Christmas Tree

Christmas tree, my Christmas tree, lit up like a star
When I see my Christmas tree, can loved ones be far?
Christmas Tree, I'm certain wherever I roam
The glow from your branches will light my way home



Brenda Lee - Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree

You will get a sentimental feeling when you hear voices singing
"Let's be jolly, deck the halls with boughs of holly"
Rocking around the Christmas tree have a happy holiday
Everyone's dancing merrily in a new old fashioned way


Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment