Monday, November 1, 2010

Music Monday - Never Grow Up

I (just like the rest of the world) bought Taylor Swift’s new album last week and I (just like the rest of the world) love it. She’s so likable. She’s not the greatest singer or songwriter and she’s not the most gorgeous girl in the world (my husband thinks she looks like an elf), but she’s adorable, smart, down to earth, happy, healthy, funny and just plain normal. Her songs are all about young love and the breakups and heartbreak that come with it. Every time I listen to her, I’m reminded of all that emotional turmoil of high school. She really brings out the seventeen year old in me and I like it.

But then I heard this song. It was unexpected. It’s about children staying young and not growing up too fast. I was in the car when I heard it for the first time and…I cried. During the first verse, I felt the lump in my throat. The chorus hit and I had tears welling up. At the second verse, when she talks about kids being embarrassed of their parents, I cried. Then during the bridge I full on bawled. Good thing I was alone. It’s such a good song and so true! I don’t ever want my babies to grow up!!! Take a listen.

Taylor Swift - Never Grow Up

To you, everything's funny
You got nothing to regret
I'd give all I had, honey
If you could stay like that



And while we’re here talking about Taylor, I have to comment on the Jake Gyllenhaal rumors. I was first alerted to this ridiculous pairing from last week’s The Talk of Tinseltown over at Handbags & Handguns. I couldn’t believe it. I told Hotpants™ I wasn’t happy and then thought nothing more of it. Then these pictures surfaced. Apparently Taylor and Jake hung out all over NYC two weekends ago.


They reportedly spent Halloween weekend together in California also. Her people insists they are just friends and she’s too focused on her career to start a relationship. And on today's episode of Ellen, she avoids questions about Jake being her boyfriend. Nothing has been said from his camp. (Does he have a camp?) I’m not ok with it. I like her, but she’s twenty! She sings songs about the hanging out on bleachers at high school football games. He’s almost thirty! He’s super smart, successful, and obviously hot. He’s a catch, but not for her. Someone his own age! I’m not saying he can’t be with anyone but me (I’m telling you, if we just met...), I’m just not ok with this. Do you think it was all for publicity for her new album? Or it was just a case of the same place at the same time? (She was promoting her album and he was promoting his movie in NYC that weekend). God, I hope so. I also hope he doesn’t burn her or there will be a song about him on her next cd. That girl. She sure gets around doesn't she?

And now that we’re talking about Jake, let’s take a look at what he’s been up to.
 

Looking hot. That's what he's been up to. I can't wait until he starts promoting "Love and Other Drugs."

P.S. I’m glad he’s got his beard under control! Remember this?

No comments:

Post a Comment