Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Pissy

Apparently I’m a huge bitch. I mean, I already knew I kind of was, sometimes. I always speak my mind, I’m opinionated and can be a loud mouth, but I always thought that I treated my friends and family kindly and thoughtfully and usually have encouraging words for everyone. And I ALWAYS treat strangers nicely and respectfully. But I was reminded, for the third time in a month, by my dear sister, that I’ve been rude and short with people lately. She decided to bring this up the day before we went to Vegas along with two of my friends for a long weekend. Basically telling me to be on my best behavior because it’s a small hotel room. Can anyone stand to be around me?


I don’t know what it is. I feel like every one in my life is annoying the crap out of me lately. My husband, son and a couple other people are among the few I don’t want to strangle. I have found myself talking badly about friends more often. Or venting about them, as my husband likes to call it. Everything they do is irritating and they are all wrong about everything. Duh!


Now, these are my friends and family members I’m talking about here. I do love them and I’ve looked passed their flaws and annoying habits to maintain meaningful relationships, as I’m sure they have done with me. Why can’t I do it right now? Why are things so annoying that I feel like “venting” the second I get off the phone with them? Jacob gets an earful about someone different almost every day.


I talked to my mom about it. She said she’s noticed that I’ve been short lately, but blew it off and blamed it on the stress of moving and having a high risk pregnancy (I have hypertension and acid reflux…fun). I thought my hormones and emotions were in check because I don’t cry very often and I’m not sensitive or even grumpy. But maybe pregnancy is to blame? Is this baby causing me to lose my patience with people?


Whatever it is, I need to sit back, relax, focus on me and then figure out why everyone else is so stupid. I just wish I would have known this before I invited sixty people to our housewarming party. I better be on my best behavior and learn how to smile while biting my tongue!


Don't worry, I promise to be kind to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment