Friday, August 26, 2011

Nickelodeon

I'm sure you've all heard about TeenNick replaying some of Nickelodeon’s best ‘90s shows, right? All That, Kenan & Kel, Clarissa Explains It All and Doug are on from midnight to 2:00 am in a block they call “The ’90s Are All That.”


Did you watch any of these shows? I think I was too old to take any of them seriously. I must have watched them ironically at the mature age of 13. But my brother and sister loved SNICK (Saturday Night Nickelodeon). They watched Clarissa Explains It All, Roundhouse, The Ren & Stimpy Show and Are You Afraid of the Dark?


My dad used to make me get off my clear fluorescent phone and come upstairs from the privacy of my basement bedroom.


Then he ordered me to stop rolling my eyes, wipe the grumpy look off my face and enjoy this time with the family. He turned off the lights, made popcorn and forced quality time on us by watching Are You Afraid of the Dark? every single weekend. I always thought the episodes were so stupid. My dad introduced us to all the real scary movies at young ages (The House on Haunted Hill, Poltergeist, Amityville Horror, etc) so this show was tame to us. But I’m glad he did it. I have fond memories.

Anyway, back to Nickelodeon. Some of the other shows Nick plans to re-run are The Adventures of Pete & Pete, The Amanda Show, Rugrats and The Secret World of Alex Mack.


They'll also bring back the game shows! Guts, Legends of the Hidden Temple and my favorite Family Double Dare. But what about Wild & Crazy Kids? I loved that one too.


I know I’ll be setting my TiVo when my two favorite shows get their turn in the lineup.


Nickelodeon says it’s open to airing ‘90s show from other networks in the future. I’d like to see these ones:


Do you remember these shows? Are there any that you'd seriously rewatch? What would you like to see again?

No comments:

Post a Comment