Thursday, August 4, 2011

Musicals

I love musicals. I wish I could be a Broadway star. Too bad I lack the talent. I have season subscriptions at both of the Seattle theaters and have even attended a few on Broadway in New York City and in The West End in London.



Similar to this post about the concerts I've seen, I thought I'd share with you the musicals I've been to. This list does not include high school or local/community theater.

Rent x5 (once in LA)
Grease
Hair x2
Chicago x2
Phantom of the Opera
Singing in the Rain
Avenue Q (London)
The Nutcracker
The Rockettes x2 (once in NYC)
Spamalot
Jersey Boys
Mamma Mia!
Spring Awakening
The Lion King
Catch Me If You Can
White Christmas
Legally Blonde
Wicked
Rock of Ages (NYC)
In the Heights (NYC)
Annie
Xanadu
Fiddler on the Roof
South Pacific
Dreamgirls
Burn the Floor
A Christmas Story
9 to 5
Marry Poppins
Guys and Dolls
Aladdin

I already have my subscriptions for next season and will be seeing these shows:

Les Miserables
Cinderella
Oklahoma!
Damn Yankees
Rent (for the sixth time)
West Side Story
Beauty and the Beast
Million Dollar Quartet
American Idiot

My absolute favorite musical is Rent  followed by Rock of Ages, Billy Elliot, Hair, Xanadu and Chicago.



The musicals I'm dying to see are The Book of Mormon, Hairspray, A Chorus Line and Little Shop of Horrors.


The only thing is, I don't do plays. I've seen a few, but they are really awkward and quiet and way too serious for me. I need to laugh, sing and dance when I go out to the theater. My husband, who is all about martial arts, snowboarding and hiking, had never been to a musical before we got married. But now he goes twice a year with me and really enjoys it. (I let him choose which ones he wants to see).  I think everyone should see at least one musical in their lifetime. If you need any reviews or recommendations, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment