Thursday, August 18, 2011

Evolution of Gaga

I loved Lady Gaga. I was a fan before there was even talk of her album coming out. I got my BFF and my sister hooked. When she opened for NKOTB back in 2008, I felt like I was the only one in the stadium singing along. She was so different and talented and the songs were so catchy and fun. I also saw her in 2009 in a small venue on her Fame Tour, which was weird, but pretty amazing. I absolutely love every single song from The Fame and most of the songs from The Fame Monster. But right before I was supposed to see her Monster Ball stadium show last summer, I got kind of annoyed with her. She just got weirder and weirder and more fame hungry. Her concert was kind of annoying. I think she’s trying way too hard to be different. I only bought Born This Way because it was 99 cents on Amazon. I’m glad I didn’t pay more. I just can’t get into it. Let’s take a look back at Gaga through the music videos.

Just Dance
I love this video. It's so gritty.





Poker Face
Another good one. I love the dance moves and I miss her long blonde hair.





Eh Eh
Cute video! I like all the retro feel.





Beautiful Dirty Rich
This one was kind of boring. I think it was her first one, but released later.





Love Game
I love the dancing and NYC feel.





Paparazzi
This was the first time she made a mini-movie out of a music video. It's my favorite.





Bad Romance
This is my favorite Gaga song. And I really love the video, as strange as it is.





Telephone
So weird and campy, but I liked it a lot.





Alejandro
And this is where she lost me. I just don't get it. She's talented, she doesn't have to be so offensive.





Born This Way
I didn't like it one bit. Toooooo strange. And she's so ugly. Why? We know she can be cute!





Judas
I actually like this song, but again with the button pushing? I don't hate the video though.





Edge of Glory
So weird. I like the '80s throwback because that's what the song sounds like.





Yoü and I
She's a mermaid, she's a man and she's being tortured. I like the dancing in the barn and the song. I even like the video.





Just to be clear, she doesn't offend me at all, I just don't see why she has to do it all the time. She's very talented, but likes to be talked about for other things. Or maybe she's a genius and I just don't get it anymore. I know a lot of people are tired of her. What do you think about Gaga lately? Do you think she'll burn out or become a pop legend?

No comments:

Post a Comment