Monday, August 8, 2011

Music Monday - Save It For Later

When I was 20 (way back in 1999), three movies came out that were instant favorites of mine. Go, 10 Things I Hate About You and 200 Cigarettes. Each movie was awesome for different reasons and they all had really amazing soundtracks. I’ve always liked movies that take place in one day. You know, like Dazed and Confused, Empire Records, The Breakfast Club, Clerks, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Can't Hardly Wait, Adventures in Babysitting, Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist, etc. I just get sucked into the story and always want to be with the crazy characters on their adventures.


If you haven’t seen it, 200 Cigarettes is a kind of a romantic comedy (but not so cheesy) set in NYC on New Year's Eve in 1981. It follows different types of people on their way to the same party. I haven't seen it since I donated all of my VHS tapes to Goodwill, but I imagine it's still good. I mean, take a look at the cast: Courtney Love, Jay Mohr, Paul Rudd, Ben Affleck, Casey Affleck, Christina Ricci, Janeane Garofalo, Dave Chappelle, Kate Hudson and Gaby Hoffmann. And the soundtrack, which I still do have, is full of awesome '80s songs. Although this song is just a cover, I instantly fell in love with it and to this day, when I hear it, it makes me want to get up and dance and sing at the top of my lungs. The video gives you a good feel of the movie since the band superimposed themselves in scenes from the actual film.
 

Harvey Danger - Save It For Later

Sooner or later your legs give way and hit the ground
Save it for later don't run away and let me down
Sooner or later ya hit the deck, you'll get found out
Save it for later, don't run away, run away and let me down
Don't run away, run away and let me down
Don't run away, run away




Here's the trailer for the movie.



Awww, I love it! I still say "call your mother" in Gaby's Long Island accent all the time. I really, really want to watch it again. Can you believe it's not on Netflix?

No comments:

Post a Comment