Monday, August 29, 2011

Music Monday - Michael Jackson and The VMAs

In honor of Michael Jackson’s birthday today (he would have been 53), here are my five favorite songs from the King of Pop.

Human Nature

Looking out across the night-time
The city winks a sleepless eye
Hear her voice shake my window
Sweet seducing sighs
Get me out into the night-time
Four walls won't hold me tonight
If this town is just an apple
Then let me take a bite
If they say why, why, tell 'em that is human nature
Why, why, does he do me that way



I Just Can’t Stop Loving You

Each time the wind blows I hear your voice so I call your name
Whispers at morning our love is dawning heaven’s glad you came
You know how I feel this thing can’t go wrong
I’m so proud to say I love you
Your love’s got me high I long to get by
This time is forever love is the answer



The Way You Make Me Feel

Hey pretty baby with the high heels on
You give me fever like I’ve never, ever known
You’re just a product of loveliness
I like the groove of your walk, your talk, your dress
I feel your fever from miles around
I’ll pick you up in my car and we’ll hit the town
Just kiss me baby and tell me twice that you’re the one for me
The way you make me feel



Man In The Mirror

I’ve been a victim of a selfish kind of love
It’s time that I realize
That there are some with no home, not a nickel to loan
Could it be really me, pretending that they’re not alone?
A willow deeply scarred, somebody’s broken heart
And a washed out dream
They follow the pattern of the wind, ya see
Cause they’ve got no place to be that’s why I’m starting with me
I’m starting with the man in the mirror



Scream

Tired of injustice tired of the schemes
The lies are disgusting so what does it mean
Kicking me down I got to get up
As jacked as it sounds the whole system sucks
Peek in the shadow come into the light
You tell me I’m wrong then you better prove you’re right
You’re sellin’ out souls but I care about mine
I’ve got to get stronger and I won’t give up the fight
With such confusions don’t it make you wanna scream
Your bash abusin’ victimize within the scheme
You try to cope with every lie they scrutinize
Somebody please have mercy ’cause I just can’t take it
Stop pressurin’ me



That was hard to choose. There are so many amazing songs. He was one talented artist.
I think The Way You Make Me Feel is my absolute favorite. What's yours?

- - - - -

Here are my quick thoughts on the VMAs. The preshow was boring, but I love Selena Gomez! I totally believed Gaga as a dude. I liked her version of the song and the dance routine. Gotta give her credit for being original. The stage was massive and reminded me of the beginning of Space Mountain. Yay! Brit won an award! And she looked gorgeous! I’m a pretty big Jay-Z fan and Kanye usually entertains me, but their performance was boring. Miley looked 35. I liked that Nicki Minaj won, but I really love Look At Me Now. I’m pretty sure I’m going to check out Beavis and Butthead. It was the coolest thing when it came out in 8th grade. I love E.T. but I’m tellin’ ya, Look At Me Now is my jam. Why was Paul Rudd there? Ne-Yo was pretty great. I’m head over heels in love with Adele. I got chills. Why are these shows so poorly produced? There were constant delays, sounds issues and mistakes. I’m pretty sick of seeing Kim K everywhere. She has nothing to do with music (well, except for that awful song she attempted). Does anyone else feel like Justin Bieber is trying to be Justin Timberlake? He's such an arrogant little brat. Say what you want about Chris Brown’s personal issues, but you can’t deny he’s a true entertainer. I really loved his performance, but why does he even bother wearing a mic? Gaga couldn’t get out of character for her Britney introduction? That’s just tacky. The Brit tribute dancers were cute, but it was really underwhelming. I thought it was going to be more of a show for her/with her. Gaga is tiny compared to Britney and Brit looked scared of her. I don’t like how Gaga hovered around Britney during her speech. And why was the speech turned into Beyonce’s introduction? So, so lame. I’m happy that Beyoncé is pregnant, but she’s probably the kind of person who will act like the first woman in history to carry a baby. She looked pretty and happy, but sorta spazzed out at the end of the song and I'm pretty sure she was lip-syncing. Yay for 20 seconds of Taylor Lautner! I have no idea who Tyler, The Creator is. Young the Giant was good, I gotta check out more of their music. Ok, so Jo Calderone is kinda growing on me. She really committed to the character. The Hunger Games clip wasn’t much, but I’m excited for the movie! Katie Holmes? Really? Remember when she used to sing on Dawson’s Creek? I really wanted Adele to win video of the year. Katy and Russell are adorable! I like Lil Wayne, but the singing was just awkward. Overall, I was disappointed with the show. I must be too old for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment