Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Recovery

I had surgery on Thursday, which went well. Recovery was tough. I ventured out of my room for popsicles, ice water refills and the occasional hug from my babies, but otherwise I pretty much stayed in bed all weekend and made Jacob bring me snacks, more ice water and more popsicles. I ate an entire box of these bad boys in three days:



I watched 10 episodes of 90210, 7 episodes of The Real Housewives of New Jersey and 6 episodes of Chelsea Lately.




90210 was pretty good last season. I’m seeing less and less of Annie, which is a good thing. I can't stand Ivy either. I love everything about Silver. I also love Adrianna, Navid and Teddy. I can't wait to get all caught up and start watching the new season this fall. This hasn’t been a very good season for the Jersey Housewives. They have been milking the Gorga family feud far too long. Teresa and Joe are both really, really annoying and I honestly can’t pick a side because they are both so stupid. The storylines involving Caroline and Jacqueline are boring. Ashley is still a little bitch. Albie is still adorable. But since this season took place over Christmas, I'm pretty excited for the holidays now! And is it just me or has Chelsea Lately been pretty boring lately too?


I also watched Sons of Perdition.


It's a documentary about teens who have escaped from the FLDS polygamous compound in Colorado City, Arizona. It was a little slow, but really interesting and heartbreaking.


I finished the books One Day and The Hunger Games.


You all already know about The Hunger Games. I enjoyed it. I’m not in love with it, but I liked it just fine. Jacob also read it. He was bored and I said it wasn’t entirely girly, so he read it in three days. Then he made me get on Amazon.com and buy the next two. I’m sure he’ll finish them both before I even get a chance to start one.

I LOVED One Day! I highly recommend it! The movie comes out next weekend, so I’m glad I read the book first. I don’t know how I feel about Anne Hathaway as Emma. Anne kinda bugs me. Plus, why wouldn’t they just cast an adorable British actress? But I love Jim Sturgess as Dexter! I’ve already made a movie date to see it with a friend.



I also passed the time reading Suri’s Burn Book, 27 b/6 and Sh*t My Kids Ruined on my phone. If you haven't read those, check them out. They are all pretty hilarious! And I found this gem over at Wet, Dark and Wild:



I also decided that when we get a dog (years and years and years from now), we're getting a Shiba Inu.



I'm pretty much recovered. I stopped taking Vicodin on Sunday, but was in a weird haze all day yesterday. My throat still hurts and I'm still guzzling ice water. I also still have a pretty nasty cough, but that won't go away for at least a week. I can breathe a lot better, but I wouldn't say I'm healed. I'm sure I'll have to have tracheal resection and reconstruction surgery at some point.

What did you do this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment