Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Candy Buffet

Well, I did it. I threw a successful wedding shower for my sister last weekend. It was a packed house with 24 of us celebrating, but we all had a lot of fun. The theme was damask and lemons with a black, white and yellow color scheme. Among a traditional lunch menu of croissant sandwiches, salads, fruit, veggies and dips, we ate lemon cupcakes, lemon bars, lemon frosted sugar cookies, with lemonade and lemon drop martinis to drink. I had bowls of lemons and yellow flower arrangements all around the house for a pop of color. There were a ton of tissue paper pom poms hanging from the ceiling, which you can see in the background in this picture of my sister and her soon to be mother-in-law and sister-in -law.


And of course, there was the candy buffet.







I'm no Amy Atlas, but I think it turned out pretty well for my first candy buffet. The boxes were adorably designed by my sister's oldest friend. They were so cute! I need to get some apothecary jars to add some height to the table next time. Either way, the guests loved loading up on goodies to take home and the bride to be had a lot of fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment