Tuesday, July 6, 2010

ABC Wednesday: Y for Yucca

A flowering Yucca in Sandringham, Auckland.

A Yucca with flowers dropped at Auckland Domain.


The Yucca is a majestic plant. I see this Sandringham yucca tree in some one's front yard. I see it's progression from a tall rod to eventually flowers. It was about ten feet tall as it was higher than the house.

I was in awe because it was strong and didn't need anything wire or stake to hold it up. I couldn't photograph the whole plant as I was sneaking around and stopping my car at a no parking zone.

Last week, when I was at the Auckland Domain, I saw the other. Gone were the flowers, but it is still regal. The stem of flower has not bent.

I dedicate this post to my friend E. She is beautiful and strong like this Yucca. You see, I have not met E, but our lives have been intertwined because we are both bereaved mothers of Campomelic children. If my life of having Andrew is tragic, E's is doubly or triply worst.

Who told me that lightning doesn't strike twice. E lost two babies to Campomelic Dispiasa and now she is struck again and is battling with cancer.

E, you are like this Yucca. You will not be beaten.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/campomelicfamilies/




http://abcwednesdayround3.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment