Tuesday, July 20, 2010

If You Want to View Paradise, Simply Look Around and View It

Who doesn’t love Wonka candy? Some of my favorites are

Laffy Taffy


Pixy Stix


Spree


Everlasting Gobstoppers


Fun Dip


And my all time favorite…Nerds


But let’s talk about Wonka Bars. A Chicago based candy company called Breaker Confections licensed the Willy Wonka name in 1971 so that it could be used as a merchandising tie-in for the movie Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. They created the first Wonka Bar.


Nestle bought the brand in 1988 and created this Wonka Bar.


To promote the 2005 film, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, four new Wonka Bars were produced:
Whipple-Scrumptious Fudgemallow Delight, Nutty Crunch Surprise, Chilly Chocolate Crème and Triple Dazzle Caramel.


In March, Nestle introduced a new line of candy bars called Wonka Exceptionals.
There are three flavors: Scrumdiddlyumptious Chocolate Bar, Chocolate Waterfall Bar and Domed Dark Chocolate Bar.


I have never had a Wonka Bar before. I noticed these new ones at Target and thought I’d give them a try. I have to say, I’m not impressed. Scrumdiddlyumptious has toffee, cookie and peanuts in a milk chocolate bar. But it was just too much flavor for me!


Domed Dark Chocolate is made of dark and milk chocolate. I don’t like dark chocolate, so I knew already that I wouldn’t like them. I ate a square and gave the rest to my husband who said it was “alright.” He ate the whole thing, so it couldn’t have been that bad.


Chocolate Waterfall has white chocolate swirled into milk chocolate. I thought this would be right up my ally because I LOVE white chocolate, but it just didn't taste that great. I’d rather eat Hershey’s Hugs. It was by far my favorite one and I did have three pieces, but I would never buy it again.


There was a Golden Ticket contest, but I didn’t win anything.
Prizes include $500 airline vouchers, $50 Ticketmaster gift card, movie gift cards and more candy.

I also noticed Wonka Fruit Jellies and Fruit Marvels when I was there.
The Fruit Jellies are soft jellies dusted with sugar in grapefruit, red apple and goji berry flavors.


The Fruit Marvels are hard candies with soft centers dusted with sugar  in orange, white grape and pomegranate flavors.



I might have to check these out next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment