Saturday, April 10, 2010

yeah, I have noticed
when I walk down the street
with my beautiful entourage
in or outside of my town
that people stop, if even for a second
to notice
what we are wearing,
how we are smiling
or chanting
or laughing
or singing
what direction we are heading in
and wishing in part they could come too
call me pretentious
do you think I would write this if I cared?
I have to laugh for a second.

all I know is how I feel
to be surrounded
by such wonderful people
with
wide starry eyes
intense passions
endless creative talent
open arms and minds
kind souls with brave ideas
and mystical behavior

we have been called many things by these spectators:
sluts
druggies
hippies
nudists
loud
obnoxious
swingers
weird
exclusive
fashionable
banshees
fags
"that house"
"those people"
perhaps even a bit stark-raving mad

however,
to me
we are a majestic calamity
an enticingly good time
a shoe that fits
beauty in its simplest form
and perhaps its most extravagant
a song with a chorus
that reminds us
it's all right
we just have to get it right back to where we started from

No comments:

Post a Comment