Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I'm a Gleek

When we got our first sneak peek episode of Glee last May, I was in love. This show was right up my alley. I love singing and musicals. I love shows about high school. And I love Ryan Murphy. I couldn’t wait for the fall season premiere and had already set my TiVo’s season pass.


But I was disappointed when it aired in September. I mean, I liked it. It was kinda funny, the cast was cute, the singing was good. But after the fourth episodes, I just couldn’t get into it. It felt like I was watching a B movie. The acting was terrible, the lip syncing was off and characters Rachel and Emma drove me nuts! So I deleted it from TiVo and moved on to other shows. (Like Modern Family. Have you seen it? It’s so hilarious and has heart and both my husband and I really love it, which is rare.) I have to admit, that I still loved the music the Glee cast was putting out and I bought each CD on itunes as they were released.



I knew I had to watch the Madonna episode, because, come on, it’s Madonna. And hearing the CD that morning made me a little bit excited for the episode. I absolutely adore the guys singing, “What it Feels Like for a Girl.” So I watched the show and kinda loved it. Then I went back and watched the earlier episodes and now I’m hooked. The acting, songs and story lines got better. The cast grew in size and I’m loving them.


As soon as the Madonna episode aired, there was all this talk about doing a Britney episode. Yes. Yes. YES! I quickly joined that facebook group. Hahaha. I’m also looking forward to the Lady GaGa songs too!

Before Glee and before Nip/Tuck, Murphy created a little unknown show (but one of my all time favorites) called Popular, which aired 1999-2001 on The WB. It was sort of the anti-Dawson's Creek. It’s about high school. The weird kids versus the popular kids. The blondes versus the brunettes. The characters are amazing and hilarious. I think it just came out before it’s time, didn't have success in the ratings and ended abruptly with a huge cliffhanger at the end of the second season. BOO! I actually never watched it when it was on tv, but my best friend introduced it to me about five years ago. Now I own both seasons and watch them about twice a year and continue to quote them, though only he and my sister know what I’m talking about. If you can, check it out. Everyone who borrow the DVDs has absolutely loved it. Great, great show.


(Look familiar?)

No comments:

Post a Comment