Friday, April 9, 2010

I am a Full Grown Woman (And I Will Lay Down in the Grass with You Anyday)

So, althougth this band has been around since 2003, I've only just recently stumbled upon and fallen in love with Phosphorescent. I heard alot of their songs, including "I am a Full Grown Man (And I Will Lay Down in the Grass), "Lost Name" and "Joe Tex, These Taming Blues" on my favorite show, Skins and had to download everything. "Wolves" is especially good. Fronted by sexy Matthew Houck, they have a somewhat somber overall tone, but the lyrics are simple and poetic, dreamy and identifible. Houck's voice cracks in all the songs and breaks my heart just a bit with truth and a touch of southern twang (they're orginally from Athens, Georgia). If you haven't already, check them out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment