Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Emmys are my Superbowl

Emmy nominations were announced this morning. The 62nd Annual Emmy Awards show will air August 29 on NBC with host Jimmy Fallon. Here’s who I’d like to see win.

DRAMA
Lost, Breaking Bad, Dexter, Mad Men, True Blood, The Good Wife

Mad Men. Hands down.


ACTRESS IN A DRAMA
Julianna Margulies, Mariska Hargitay, Glenn Close, Kyra Sedgwick, January Jones, Connie Britton

I think January Jones does a great job as a terrible mother, but Mariska Hargitay has got the acting chops. She’s so gorgeous too and totally deserves it.


ACTOR IN A DRAMA
Jon Hamm, Kyle Chandler, Bryan Cranston, Hugh Laurie, Michael C. Hall, Matthew Fox

Hmmm… As much as I love John Hamm in Mad Men, I think it should go to Hugh Laurie. He is amazing.


SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A DRAMA
Sharon Gless, Christine Baranski, Christina Hendricks, Rose Byrne, Archie Panjabi, Elisabeth Moss

My BFF Christina, of course!


SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A DRAMA
John Slattery, Aaron Paul, Martin Short, Terry O’ Quinn, Michael Emerson, Andre Braugher

John Slattery is awesome. From way back in SATC when he was the politician who liked to pee. Remember that? I love him.

COMEDY
Glee, Modern Family, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Nurse Jackie, 30 Rock, The Office, Curb Your Enthusiasm

Tough one! 30 Rock has been my favorite show since it started, but I really, really love Modern Family too! 30 Rock has won a million awards and its time to honor a new show that was so hilarious and amazing right from the beginning.


ACTRESS IN A COMEDY
Lea Michele, Tina Fey, Toni Collette, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Edie Falco, Amy Poehler

Tina Fey. I wouldn’t be mad if Toni Collette won though. United States of Tara is insane and she does such a great job playing multiple personalities.


ACTOR IN A COMEDY
Larry David, Alec Baldwin, Matthew Morrison, Steve Carell, Jim Parsons, Tony Shalhoub

Alec Baldwin. I’ve been a fan forever and his Jack always makes me laugh out loud.


SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A COMEDY
Jane Lynch, Kristen Wiig, Jane Krakowski, Julie Bowen, Sofia Vergara, Holland Taylor

Kristen Wiig. I’ve been a faithful SNL watcher since junior high. It hasn’t been so great these past few years but Kristen’s sketches are ALWAYS hilarious and worth the hour and a half I just wasted watching the show.


SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A COMEDY
Chris Colfer, Neil Patrick Harris, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Jon Cryer, Eric Stonestreet, Ty Burrell

Three actors from Modern Family? Tough choice because I love that entire cast so much! I have to say my favorite is Ty Burrell. He reminds me SO MUCH of my husband. Gotta love that dorky charm.


REALITY SHOW HOST
Ryan Seacrest, Phil Keoghan, Tom Bergeron, Heidi Klum, Jeff Probst

Stupid category. I don’t watch any of these shows. I used to watch Project Runway until it fizzled out on Lifetime. But I love Heidi Klum. She is wonder woman! So I hope it goes to her.


REALITY SHOW COMPETITION
Project Runway, Top Chef, The Amazing Race, Dancing with the Stars, American Idol

Again, I don’t watch much reality tv, but Project Runway was a favorite of mine for so long, I have to go with that show.


REALITY SERIES

Antiques Roadshow, MythBusters, Undercover Boss, Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List, Dirty Jobs, Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution

Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution definitely opened my eyes!


VARIETY, MUSIC, OR COMEDY SERIES
The Colbert Report, The Daily Show With Jon Stewart, Real Time With Bill Maher, Saturday Night Live, The Tonight Show With Conan O’Brien

CONAN! How much of a slap in the face would that be to NBC and Leno?

No comments:

Post a Comment