Monday, April 4, 2011

Music Monday - Femme Fatale

I’ve been obsessively listening to Britney’s new album, Femme Fatale, for six straight days. I love it!




My favorite songs are Till The World Ends, Inside Out, Seal It With A Kiss, I Wanna Go and Gasoline.




Hold It Against Me,  How I Roll, Trouble For Me and Criminal are all really great too. In How I Roll, is she saying "You can be my f*ck tonight" at the 1:34 mark? She's not really one to flat out swear in her songs. Risque, Britney, risque.


The worst songs for me are Trip To My Heart because it's so cheesy and (Drop Dead) Beautiful because it's way too repetitive and Sabi's rap is just stupid.



I really didn't like Big Fat Bass at all. I'm not a fan of will.i.am or The Black Eyed Peas and it sounds just like one of their songs. But after watching her perform it and listening to it more, I think I actually like it.


Sometimes her bonus tracks are perfection (Phonography, Trouble, The Answer and Don’t Hang Up are some of my favorite songs that should have been regular tracks), but not on this album. They are fine, but not awesome. I guess the best one would have to be He About To Lose Me. Bad grammar aside, it's the only thing close to a slow song on the entire album, which makes me sad. Unusual You and Blur off Circus were amazing! Her voice is weird, but the song really grew on me.


I LOVE Scary. It's a Japanese bonus track. I think it souns a little Michael Jackson-esque. 


I enjoyed watching her perform all over tv last week. She looked beautiful, but didn't so much on stage. She wandered around, danced with her arms and didn't sing a note. I love how we all just accept lip-syncing as a performance. I don't care. I love her. And I will be buying tickets to her lip-synced concert!


No comments:

Post a Comment