Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Roomba

I knew I wouldn’t be getting one, but I still added a Roomba to my Christmas wish list in December. The first floor of our house is hardwood and keeping it clean is a pain in the ass! So I thought a Roomba would be perfect. My uncle has one and let us borrow it to help us decide if we want to go buy one. Last week we tried it out. Take a look at it in action.


(I usually don't let my floor get this dirty,
but I just had a baby and cleaning comes waaaay after sleeping).

I have to say, it was disappointing. It couldn’t finish our floor without being charged halfway through and it took about two hours to get the job done. It banged and bumped into my furniture. The little white brushes that come out to push the dirt and debris in front of it were too high and couldn’t reach anything along the wall.


I do like that it could fit under our low couches! And it was nice entertainment on a Sunday night. Nolan chased it and the cat was just plain confused by it.


It’s an older model, so maybe the newer ones are better, but I think we’ll wait a while. This robot just wasn’t good enough for me. I’ll stick to my Dyson Animal (just turn the brush off and it works well on hardwood and tile) and Electrolux Unirapido hardwood floor stick vacuum. I can get the entire floor cleaned in about fifteen minutes with the Electrolux. It’s really light and moves around easily. Even my 2 1/2 year old can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment