Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Better late than never

I FINALLY watched Toy Story 3!


I wasn’t against watching it, I just never really got around to it. Nolan is only 2 1/2 and not really into movies yet, which I’m totally happy about. But one rainy day, I decided to put it on anyway. He played with his toys, glancing up and watching for a few minutes at a time. I thought the movie was a little scary in some spots, so I’m glad he didn’t pay too much attention to it.

I, on the other hand, was glued to it. I knew I would love it. Toy Story has always held a special place in my heart because it was the first movie I saw with my high school boyfriend. We took my little cousins to see it. Good boyfriend, huh? They really are great movies with an awesome cast and witty writers. So I watched this one from start to finish and yes, I cried. Or, more like bawled. How can you not? You'd have to be a robot.

Something else I finally got around to watching is a little Starz show called Party Down.


It’s about the crew of a catering company and each episode is a different job. It only lasted two seasons and got cancelled because of lack of viewers. I’m so bummed! This show was really funny! It had a great cast and was written and produced by Rob Thomas (Veronica Mars, 90210), Paul Rudd (the actor) and some other hilarious and clever people. Check it out if you can. You can view it instantly on Netflix.

And yes, I know I’m terribly late jumping on this bandwagon, but I just finished the first and second seasons of Dexter.


What on earth took me so long? Everyone I know urged me to watch it, including my parents. It’s been sitting in my Netflix queue for years. Since I’ve been laying low and hanging out at home with the new addition to my family, TV is my only form of entertainment. Once again, thank god for Instant on Netflix. I love that we can pull it up straight from TiVo and the Wii. Now I’ve got season three coming in the mail. 

We considered the name Dexter for Milo when I was pregnant. Now I see why my mom wasn’t happy with it. Although, I love Dexter Morgan and Michael C. Hall. I’m not a big fan of Deb (Jennifer Carpenter) though. I don’t know why, but she really bugs me and doesn’t seem like a great actor. I’m not buying the tough chick cop thing at all. Regardless, I love the show and I’m hooked.

Next time I won’t wait so long when people give me good recommendations. I suppose I should check out that little movie called Avatar and read The Hunger Games, huh?

Oh yeah. Happy Britney Spears day!

No comments:

Post a Comment