Friday, March 11, 2011

Scenic Sunday: Japan




href="http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_nScWyFpFyOY/Sy1ToJrHAzI/AAAAAAAAIrc/OYJqhFF47B8/s1600-h/scenic+sunday.jpg">
http://scenicsunday.blogspot.com/

My heart goes out to the people of Japan. It is not even a month ago when we had our earthquake in New Zealand. The memories and hurt are still raw. Now, we hear an even worst one and Tsunami has hit Japan.. A metre high Tsunami even came to New Zealand.

I have many Japanese friends, students and fellow bloggers. I empathize with you and my thoughts and prayers are with you.

The Japanese Urban Search and Rescue came to our help. Now, it is our turn to reciprocate.

As many as 6000 New Zealanders could be in quake-stricken Japan, says New Zealand's ambassador there.

These two photos are from my archives. They were taken in 1988 when the Japanese cultural group came to visit us in Auckland. My sister Helen had been to Japan as an English teacher. The young girl is my oldest daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment