Monday, January 3, 2011

Music Monday - Danity Kane


Diddy - Dirty Money has been everywhere these days: the VMAs, BET awards, the AMAs, SNL and a new album was released a few weeks ago. If you didn't already know, it’s Diddy plus two female vocalists, Dawn Richard and Kalenna Harper. Everyone knows who Diddy is, but if you aren’t familiar with the ladies, Kalenna is a singer/songwriter who’s written for Pussycat Dolls, Christina Aguilera, Christina Milan and even Charlotte Church. Dawn Richard used to be in Diddy’s girl group, Danity Kane, and a subject of his tv show, Making The Band 3. I was in love with that show. I watched it from the very beginning when they were holding auditions until the last episode when they broke up. This hit song was my summer jam in 2006 and I got all of my friends hooked on it, too!

Show Stopper

We in the car, we ride slow
We doin' things that the girls don't do
The boys stare, we smile back
All my girls in the rainbow Cadillacs, yeah

Bet you ain't never seen
Chicks ridin' this clean
Louis Vuitton seats
We do it daily
This how we keep it poppin'
Make sure that bass knockin'
So when you see us ridin'

We show stoppin’, we show, show stoppin'
We show stoppin’, wee show, show stoppin'
That's how we keep it poppin'
Make sure that bass knockin'
So when you see us ridin'
We call it show stoppin'
 

They didn’t really have any other great hits from that first album. And then this song came out in 2008 and I loved them all over again.

Damaged

Damaged, Damaged
I thought that I should let you know
That my heart is Damaged
So Damaged
And you can blame the one before

So how you gonna fix it, fix it, fix it
How you gonna fix it, fix it, fix it
Baby I gotta know
What are you gonna do
 

It’s too bad they broke up. I really liked them.

No comments:

Post a Comment