Friday, September 9, 2011

Teen Flicks

The mid ‘90s brought some of my favorite teen flicks. Empire Records to this day is still one of my top five favorite movies. Clueless, The Craft, and Can’t Hardly Wait were also awesome teen movies that came out about that time.


Jump to 1999 and it felt like there was a new teen movie out every weekend. I was in college at the time but still never skipped a night out with a group of friends to check one out. My favorites from this era are 10 Things I Hate About You (not only is it a good movie, but a bunch of my friends were in it), Cruel Intentions, and Drop Dead Gorgeous. I also have a soft spot for Boys and Girls because it reminded me of my relationship with Jacob when we were first dating. And who didn't/doesn't love Freddie Prinze Jr?

 


2000 hit and Bring It On made my life! I still absolutely love that movie and quote it all the time.


Throughout the 2000s, only a few good teen movies were made. I loved Swimfan, Mean Girls, and John Tucker Must Die.


This decade has only given us one good teen movie: Easy A.


But not so fast. The American Pie franchise is releasing American Reunion next spring. It will reunite the cast of the original movie (did you know this will make the eighth one? Ridiculous). We can look forward to seeing Jason Biggs, Alyson Hannigan, Seann William Scott, Thomas Ian Nicholas, Eddie Kaye Thomas, Jennifer Coolidge, Chris Klein, Mena Suvari, Tara Reid, Natasha Lyonne, Shannon Elizabeth and John Cho. Crazy!


I wasn’t a huge fan of the first one but I didn’t hate it either. It sure did wonders for the careers of all those kids.


Will you be seeing it?

No comments:

Post a Comment