Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Charity: Water


I’ve previously mentioned my love for the organization charity: water, which provides clean and safe drinking water to people in developing nations. And of course I practice what I preach. Every year I donate $20. That’s not much at all, I know, but that $20 gives one person clean water for 20 years. I’ve also purchased a few items from their store. My husband loves long sleeved tees. He wears them constantly. For Father’s Day this year, I bought him this Theory t-shirt for only $30. He loves it and wears it all the time. It’s so soft and super comfortable.




I’m a water drinker. In fact, it’s all I drink. I save soda for going out to dinner or special occasions and I only have juice during breakfast. I drink water all day long in reusable water bottles that I fill with water filtered from my Brita. (Don’t get me started on bottled water!) I bought myself this BPA-free Thermos Hydration Bottle for $42. It keeps my water cold for 12 hours! Plus, it’s cute, covered with facts about water issues.




It's a great organization and if you don't want to give straight cash, the store has really good products with all the proceeds going to charity: water's operating costs and funding for sustainable clean water solutions in developing nations.

No comments:

Post a Comment