Saturday, October 30, 2010

Photohunt: Dark



http://tnchick.com/

When I walk through this tunnel like walkway, I am reminded of my friend telling me." There is always light at the end of the tunnel."

This is at St Luke's Mall in Mt Albert. This is one of the entrances to the mall.

Addition: Ginny says that this is like a hospital corridor. Ginny has been a close blogging friend. She seems to be able to read my mind despite the fact that Ginny is thousands of miles away in USA.

It seems I had unconsciously posted that shopping mall tunnel which resembles another tunnel which had etched in my mind. September 29th, twenty one years ago, my son Andrew was born, and we were told he was dying. I chose to be with him when he died. The hospital kindly gave me a room in the parents' floor of another block which was the nurses' block. This was for parents whose babies were in ICU.

The block was quite a distance from the baby's ICU, and was connected by underground tunnels. If you miss a turn, you could end up in another block. When I walked past what the nurses call the groaning dragon, the boiler, I wanted to walk quickly. Everyday, for 55 days, I walked this tunnel twice. It was not a walk I wish for anyone.

Ginny, I had not shared this with anyone, not even my husband. On November 22nd, I walked that last walk. I left the hospital's main entrance with empty arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment