Friday, February 17, 2012

Weekend reflection: Word Verification





TexWisGirl http://run-a-roundranch.blogspot.co.nz/2012/02/word-verification-woes.html, my fellow blogger brought me to the attention that blogger has changed the verification to one that is almost impossible to decipher and repeat. I need my glasses and strain my eyes, and often many errors in my many tries.

I agree with TexWisGirl, I do about 2 blog posts a day, and I make it a point to always comment on my fellow bloggers who comment my posts and also on some new bloggers. I have a full time job, and I am a writer. Blogging is relaxing and fun to learn from fellow bloggers. It is a stress reliever. However, it is no longer interesting if fellow bloggers stop commenting another and frustrating if you have trouble get the verification right.

I believe in the adage, "If it ain't broken, don't change it."

Now, I will have to read it up, how to stop having verification.

When I first started blogging, I didn't have verification. Then I started having spams, so I put it on. Most of the spams stopped, but some still slipped in. Recently, blogger Henry told me he couldn't comment on my blog, I tried to find out how to delete the verification, it wasn't easy. I shall have to look harder.

I could stop anonymous comments, but this would be a last resort, because I do get some genuine anonymous comments.

Do you feel passionate on this like me? TexWisGirl is happy to let us copy the below statement and her badge.

If any of you faithful Bloggers want to spread this message, feel free to copy and re-post any or all of my ranting or link back to this post. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP AND FOR MAKING WORD VERIFICATION NON-EXISTENT!!! Keep spreading the blogger love without spy code frustration!TexWisGirl

I have since removed my verification. This is how to do it. Betsy and DawnTreader showed me how to do it. Thanks.

Go to your dashboard, click on settings, click on Comments, and scroll down to where is says: "Show Word Verification for Comment"----There's a YES and NO… Click on NO…. Save your change…. That should do it.















http:http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif//weekendreflection.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment