Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pajamas

I wear pajama pants all day, every day. I don’t actually get dressed unless we leave the house or if someone comes over. Maybe. It depends on who that person is. I'll probably just put on yoga pants. The second we get home from somewhere, I switch back into my pajama pants. This started when I worked at a daycare in college because I was always so filthy when I got off work. Wait. Who am I kidding? I LIVED in pjs in college. But really, who didn’t? I went to a pretty liberal university and students used to grocery shop, see movies and even attend classes in their pajama pants and a hoodie. I never went that far. I would only wear them in public during middle of the night food runs. After college I couldn't wait to get out of my work attire so before I even started cooking dinner, I'd be in my pjs.  Now that I’m a stay at home mom, there’s no point in getting dressed up. I’d just get crap all over my clothes and have to change before we left anyway. Every morning I wake up, take a shower and put on a fresh new tee or tank and pair of pajama pants. It’s my mom uniform.

And I’ve created a monster.

Now Nolan wants to be in pajama pants too. I don’t assist or encourage him in any way. After breakfast, when he’s done with his nightly pajamas, he picks out what he wants to wear. He pulls out a real shirt and a pair of pajama pants. And the second we get home from somewhere he changes himself back into those pj pants. I can’t say no because then I’d have to get dressed and I’m not down with that. So take a look at a week in our outfits.






(See? On Wednesday I wore yoga pants because the refrigerator repair guys came over.)

We are a classy bunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment