Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Cheers & Jeers

Cheers to SNL’s Jay-Z and Beyonce’s Baby sketch! I never watch SNL live. My kids get up at 6:00am so I can never stay up that late. I read all the facebook updates and tweets about how awesome it was and when I finally watched it Monday, I agreed. It was hilarious. Actually, the entire episode was really good. My other two favorite sketches were Bronx Beat and Super Showcase, but take a look at Blue Ivy right now. Every character was spot on!



Cheers to Lindsay Lohan hosting SNL! I know some people think this is a jeers, but I still have a teeny tiny glimmer of hope for her. Plus, her previous episodes have always been pretty funny. This will be her hundredth chance to prove that she’s well and serious about acting again. She’ll host on March 3 with musical guest Jack White. Don’t screw it up, LiLo! She will also play Liz Taylor in the upcoming tv movie Elizabeth & Richard: A Love Story. Hmmm...



Cheers to Struck By Lightning! Chris Colfer annoys the crap out of me on Glee, but he looks great in this movie and the rest of the cast is awesome. Watch the trailer.



Cheers to Call Me Maybe! Total guilty pleasure song! Canadian Carly Rey Jepsen sings this super catchy song that has been popular up north for a while now. After mention of it on Twitter by Justin Bieber and a fun little video including Bieber, Selena Gomez and Ashley Tisdale, the song is creeping up the iTunes chart. And I love it.



Cheers to Downwardly Mobile! Roseanne and Dan back together? Roseanne Barr and John Goodman are teaming up for a new sitcom about a trailer park. She is the owner and he is the handy man. I’m not sold on the premise, but I love both of them and was such a fan of the show Roseanne, that I’m totally giving it a shot.


- - - - -

Jeers to Chris Brown/Rihanna remixes. She should really stay away. If you're curious, you can find the remixes of her song Birthday Cake and his song Turn Up The Music on YouTube. I'm not gonna post them though. It's so twisted how they're using their tragic past for promotion. Not cool and I'm done talking about it.



Jeers to the Spice Girls NOT reuniting. I’m bummed. I loved them back in the day! There were rumors going around that they would perform at the Olympics or Jubilee, but Victoria Beckham confirmed that it wasn’t going to happen because they are all too busy. One item on their plate is the musical “Viva Forever” which I am looking forward to! What’s your favorite Spice Girls song? It’s so hard to choose, but I think mine are Stop and Say You’ll Be There. Oh, and Holler! It brings me right back to college when we had The Box on TV. (Did you have that channel? We never called it, but we watched it all day!)



Jeers to crappy TV. A few shows that I used to love are so boring lately. I can’t delete Grey’s Anatomy or How I Met Your Mother because I’ve been with them since the beginning, but they need to step up their game because I’m losing interest fast. I finally gave up on 2 Broke Girls and Are You There, Chelsea. I'll miss Beth Behrs.



Jeers to cashing in on Whitney Houston’s death. Bobby Brown is trying to sell a tell-all book. Whitney’s family sold the coverage of her funeral to benefit Bobbi Kristina. (Don’t you think she has enough money?) And Julien’s Auctions will be selling Whitney’s clothes and jewelry next month, after receiving them from people close to Whitney. This is all so tacky and disrespectful. Her funeral was just a few days ago! Boo!



Jeers to a serial killer in my hometown. No joke. This guy has killed two people and attempted another (all by stabbing) in the past nine months. He doesn’t fit the description of a typical serial killer because he’s young (they think 20 years old), his victims are totally random (19 year old woman, 50 year old man, 61 year old woman) and the attacks happened in the middle of the day, on pretty busy streets. My parents and sister still live there and when I went to visit this weekend, the town felt very eerie. The FBI is involved, there are posters of all over the city, everyone is on edge and they’re all being told not to walk anywhere alone. I was totally creeped out walking from my car to Starbucks just a block away. Scary stuff!


No comments:

Post a Comment